Monday, September 10, 2007

Goaltending Profiles

Well, time for the re-launch.

I'm going to be posting a series of Goaltending Profiles on here and on OffthePost.net over the next few days and weeks. I'll be running through each team's depth chart and analyzing their respective strengths and weaknesses, highlighting training camp battles, and trying to give a general idea of what to expect throughout the season and into the future. I'll be organizing them by division, starting with the Central Division, ranking them from #1 to #5.

A couple of notes for the unitiated: I only consider goalies that are currently under contract in my analysis/ranking. A team's top prospect, therefore, is the goalie with the highest upside that is currently under contract. These aren't standings prognostications or anything, it is entirely possible to build a strong team without having a top goalie on a roster. I'll assign spots for the following positions:

1. Starting Goaltender
2. Backup Goaltender
3. Third Stringer
4. Top Prospect

A Top Prospect can be a team's Strating, Backup, or Third String goaltender if that's how they rank heading into the training camp. They could also be the last goaltender on the depth chart currently.

I have done a few of these before for OffthePost.net before, whether on the main page or in the web forums. I figure it's a good discussion launching point for this blog as we head into the hockey season.

I hope you enjoy them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, what about the middle aged beer league last resort call up category? I so can qualify for that!

saskhab said...

Buffalo only has 3 goalies at camp, and you're nearby, you might get the call!